Rotation on GYRE v4.0

General discussion of all things GYRE-related (e.g., results, talks, ideas, tips)
Kevin Gosalim

Rotation on GYRE v4.0

Post by Kevin Gosalim » Sat May 09, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi, everybody!

I'm Kevin Gosalim, an undergraduate student from Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), Indonesia. I'm majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics and currently working on my thesis. The topic is about stellar nonradial adiabatic pulsation on slow-rotating star and i'm using the latest version of the stellar oscillation code, GYRE v4.0. I'm using it to analyze the eigenfrequencies and pulsation modes of rotating intermediate-mass star (SPB and Beta Cephei). In the latest version, rotation was added to the code and I'm having difficulties on understanding it because there is no modules, tutorials or examples on how GYRE works on rotating star. I want to ask some questions which mostly are basic about rotation in GYRE code (i'm sorry, I hope you all are willing to answer some of these questions).
1. What would the example of GYRE namelist input files with the addition of rotation be like in gedit?
2. How the grid frame and Freq frame (with options: corot_o or corot_i) affect the GYRE running of rotating star?
3. I already tried the traditional approximation in the rotation method parameter (l=2) and GYRE gave an error message. The results are okay if the rotation method is doppler shift. I'm still having difficulties on getting the sense about the input of rotation in GYRE and I hope you all can help me..

Thank you for all your attention. I humbly hope that you are all willing to help me on these questions.

Regards and God bless,
Kevin