New features in this release include:
- GYRE now requires gfortran 4.9.2 or later to compile (earlier versions of the compiler contain bugs, which may result in failed compilation and/or incorrect results)
- Implemented more-stringent checking of namelist counts
- Renamed X_n_pg_min and X_n_pg_max parameters to n_pg_min and n_pg_max (as they're no longer experimental). Also, the semantics of these parameters has changed: they now also apply to adiabatic calculations
- Added prune_modes flag to &output namelist. When set to .TRUE., eigenfunction data for each mode is discarded after the mode is (possibly) written to disk
- Added support for reading unformatted AMDL-format stellar models
- Added new deflate_roots flag to &num namelist. When set to .TRUE. (now the default), root deflation allows gyre_nad to avoid converging on the same mode multiple times.
- Changed the complex root solver in gyre_nad from secant method to a complex-modified Ridders' method; this seems to fix cases of slow convergence.
- Renamed the FINDIFF_GL2 and FINDIFF_GL4 IVP solvers to COLLOC_GL2 and COLLOC_GL4.
- Added new FINDIFF IVP solver, which uses Sugimoto's approach to handle thermal instability in non-adiabatic calculations
- Restricted non-adiabatic calculations to the two (currently) known-to-work IVP solvers: MAGNUS_GL2 and FINDIFF
- Replaced omega_im output routine with omega_int, which estimates the real & imaginary parts of the eigenfrequency from an integral expression (comparing this against omega provides a good check on the reliability of results)
- Moved the reduce_order flag from the &num namelist to the &osc namelist
- Renamed delp output item to lag_P, and other del* items to lag_*
- Renamed phip output item to eul_phi, and dphip_dx to deul_phi
- Added eul_P, eul_rho and eul_T
- Added RESAMP_STRUCT grid operation, which resamples based on changes in the structure variables
- Changed the units of the dW_dx and W output items