Matthew A. Bershady
6515 Sterling Hall
Thursday, 12:05-12:55 PM
- Schedule for Fall 2008
- Sign up by sending me email: mab at astro.wisc.edu
- Presentation format:
- Assume your audience has read the paper, at least cursorily.
- Present key points and figures; summarize the argument.
- Engage audience in discussion of
- outstanding points -- ones
which either you and your co-discussant don't understand, or you feel are not resolved
by the paper; and
- larger implications of the work.
- Rely on your co-discussant to vett your presentation and to
help in the presentation and discussion.
- Rely on your audience to help with the discussion.
- Tools of the trade:
- No Powerpoint (etc.) is allowed.
- Computer projection is fine for a few critical figures. If you want
this, make sure you arrange to have a projector available.
- A few paper copies or overheads work too.
- White-board use is unlimited and free of charge.
Last updated: Sep 03, 2008 Matthew A. Bershady