Matthew A. Bershady
4421 Sterling Hall
Tuesday, 12-12:50 PM
- Schedule for Fall 2014
- Sign up by sending me email: mab at astro dot wisc dot edu
- Presentation format:
- Assume your audience has read the paper, at least cursorily.
- Present key points and figures; summarize the argument.
- Engage audience in discussion of
- outstanding points -- ones
which either you and your co-discussant don't understand, or you feel are not resolved
by the paper; and
- larger implications of the work.
- Rely on your co-discussant to vett your presentation and to
help in the presentation and discussion.
- Rely on your audience to help with the discussion.
- Tools of the trade:
- Minimal powerpoint/keynote/computer projection.
- A few paper copies work too.
- White-board use is unlimited and free of charge.
Last updated: Sep 01, 2014 Matthew A. Bershady