DRAFT*********** First Twinsyn Runs
Today I ran twinsyn for the first time with input files that I created. The purpose of these runs was to familiarize myself with the (recently changed) input file formats that twinsyn requires and test the program itself. I took a solar spectrum and redshifted its flux array by about seven wavelength units, which corresponded to a wavelength shift of ~0.9 Å or a radial velocity of ~-52 km/s. I then added the shifted flux to the original spectrum and had a synthetic double-lined spectroscopic binary. I then used spectrum_obs_gen.pro to print the sample wavelength and flux arrays into a file with the correct formatting for twinsyn. Next I used make_modpar.pro to produce a file for each run with a list of paramter combinations for twinsyn to use when it generated synthetic spectra. The table below lists a sample of the parameter limits and step sizes I used. Every combination of the paramters was fed into twinsyn, and, because this was just a preliminary test, I only asked twinsyn to scan over a range of parameters for the secondary star. The mass, radius, and temperature of the secondary star were free paramters.
|Mass (Msun)||d_mass||Temp (K)||d_temp||Radius (Rsun)||d_radius||Radial Velocity (km/s)||d_rav||Rotational Velocity (km/s)||d_rov|
|Secondary||0.8 - 1.7||0.1||5600 - 6600||200.0||0.9 - 1.9||0.1||-51 - -53||1.0||2.0|