I. Apply Using the UW-Madison Graduate School Electronic Application:
- Complete online application: Graduate School
- Allow 30 to 60 minutes to complete the application. Prepare all materials to be uploaded beforehand.
- If an unsubmitted application is not accessed in a 120 day time period it will be disabled.
- Submit application fee.
Please Note: Admission to the doctoral program requires admission to both the Department of Astronomy and the Graduate School.
II. Submit All Materials in the UW-Madison Graduate School Electronic Application:
- Scanned unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Astronomy courses for Fall and Spring, if not listed in the transcript.
- Statement on 'Reasons for Graduate Study in Astronomy'.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters of Recommendation Process
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (general test and subject test in physics).
- Résumé, research experience, awards, papers, or other materials that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee.
III. International Applicants Must Also Submit The Following Materials:
- Scanned unofficial documentation of all courses taken and grades received (referred to as 'transcripts' in U.S.), plus an English translation.
- Scanned unofficial certification of degrees and dates granted, plus an English translation.
- Official TOEFL score.
The application deadline for Fall, 2014 admission is December 31, 2013. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Graduate Admissions Coordinator, Sharon Pittman, via email, telephone (608) 890-3775, or fax (608) 263-6386.